Below is the current latest information regarding lockdowns in the local areas covered by Local Pages. The information is correct as of 26th November 2020.
Please use the links provided to keep up to date with any changes.
Our areas in the west of England have been placed in the tier categories stated below.
Decisions on which area goes into which tier are primarily based on 5 key epidemiological indicators:
- case detection rates in all age groups
- case detection rates in the over-60s
- the rate at which cases are rising or falling
- positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken)
- pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy
The indicators are designed to provide a full picture of what is happening with the virus in any area so that suitable action can be taken.
Tier 2: High alert
- Bath and North East Somerset
- South Somerset
- Somerset West and Taunton
- Mendip and Sedgemoor
- Wiltshire and Swindon
- Telford & Wrekin
Tier 3: Very High alert
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
Click here for more information on tiers, including what you can and cannot do in each tier.
Click here for the latest information regarding coronavirus in England