Salary; From £18k to £25k + Company Performance Bonus + Incentives
Benefits; Free Parking, 28 Days Holiday, Private Healthcare & Employee Benefit Scheme
Contract type; Permanent (Full-time, Part-time or Term-time) & Immediate Start
The Person; We are open to hearing from Executives, Team Leaders, Supervisors or Managers with Accounts or Finance experience
This role is key within our small but perfectly formed team based in Southville, Bristol. With accountability & management of the Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Monthly Accounts and VAT. You will be responsible for ensuring that customer payments are processed accurately and efficiently in line with or exceeding agreed targets.
- Undertake and manage the Sales Ledger to agreed objectives & targets
- Look after a team of two; Credit Control Assistant & Sales Support Administrator
- Initiate and oversee Credit Control
- VAT Calculation, analysis and payments
- Schedule and execute customer communication for Credit Control
- Reconciliation, analysis and reporting on the Sales Ledger
- Update, review and report on outstanding debt, aged debtors & bad debt
- Liaise with 3rd party debt recovery companies
- Support the Finance Director with Purchase Ledger & Payroll
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory standards
- Updating the operating system with payment information
- Handling inbound enquiries from our customers
- Manage all payment methods, ensuring timely payments are made
- HR & database support depending on experience & availability
We prefer candidates to have the following:
- Two years experience within an Accounts or Finance role
- Understanding how a small business operates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate work to a high standard
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Tenacious with attention to detail
A bit about us…
LP helps local businesses to grow by generating enquiries for them in their local area. Although we have been around for 39 years, we are still a family business with a team of 18 based in Bristol. We predominately work with companies based in the South-West & South Wales. Business owners make up 90% of our customers, and service businesses are our primary clients. Our roots are in print, and this is still a significant part of what we do; however, our customers are requesting other services including website design and digital products, along with a design and print service for logos and promotional material.
Our office is based in Southville, Bristol near the Tobacco Factory, and close to the heart of bustling North Street. This area is well connected to the city centre with plenty of cycle paths and local transport links.
You will get 28 days holiday (including bank holidays). We also have a negotiable benefits package and a strong emphasis on personal and career development with a training budget dedicated to each one of our people.
Local Pages is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering note to email@example.com or call 0117 9231122 for more details.